Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wal-Mart Has To Pay, But Is It Fair?


Wal-Mart has to pay up to 85 million to attorneys/employees for workplace violations. U.S. "District Judge Philip M. Pro in Las Vegas approved the settlement yesterday and awarded one-third of the recovery in fees to the workers’ lawyers, up to about $28 million depending on the claims made. Walmart is to pay at least $65 million and as much as $85 million."


Two thoughts: I am an employee at Wal Mart and if they violated the law, they need to pay something.

The second thought is I got a form in the mail and I wasn't given an option whether to accept payment. I have work for Wal-Mart for 2 years and I have not had any problems with breaks, being locked in a store or any other time abuse. But I am still to receive a check for $50. Why? Wal Mart did not violate my rights, but they are going to pay me like they have? I have a problem with that. Even if I did not return the form, which I did not, I am still going to get paid. Again, why?

Ok, a third thought, why are the lawyers being paid up to $28 million? Did they do $28 million worth of work? Nah, didn't think so. Just a bunch scum bag lawyers.

And yes, if Wal-Mart wronged me, I would have taken the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment