Saturday, January 25, 2014

Yeah, The UFC Is Rigged

Just like Nevada boxing is rigged, so is the UFC.
From ESPN: Josh Thomson would have fought for the UFC lightweight title in 2013, were it not for a knee injury suffered by current champ Anthony Pettis. A controversial decision in Chicago might prevent him from fighting for it in 2014.
Thomson (20-6) surrendered his place in the lightweight division on Saturday in a split decision, five-round loss to former champion Benson Henderson at United Center.
Judges Sal D'Amato and Brian Puccillo scored it 49-46 and 48-47 respectively for Henderson, while Gabriel Sabaitis saw it 48-47 for Thomson. ESPN scored the bout 48-47 Thomson.
"Another close win, but I'll take them any way I can get them," Henderson said. "I thought it was a pretty controlling fight for myself. I made a few mistakes, but I don't think he did any damage and I didn't lose control.
"I made some mistakes and ended on my back a few times, but I thought the 'W' was clear."
Adding injury to insult, Thomson was heard on the broadcast telling his corner he thought his right hand was broken after the second round. As the final scores were read, Thomson shook his head in disbelief before exiting quickly.  http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/10327244/ufc-fox-10-roundup-benson-henderson-edges-josh-thomson-thriller
I watched the fight and the fight wasn't even close, with Thomson winning easily. He controlled the action for most of the fight and had Henderson in trouble countless of times.
After the fight, Dana White said the scoring was horrible.  Well, Dana, you own the UFC- it's your problem and fault. 
So, while boxing has it own problems, especially in Nevada, so does the UFC and it's rigging of fight outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment