Thursday, March 7, 2013

I Hope This Happens

Pat Benatar is one of my favorite female singers and she might be coming to vegas to play at a hotel on a regular basis.
From the LVRJ and Doug Elfman: The husband-and-wife rockers of Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo are in talks to perform a regular gig in Vegas.
But Giraldo - her guitarist and romantic/musical partner since the 1970s - wouldn't give me any details in an interview on Wednesday because the deal isn't done yet.
"I can tell you our manager and our agents are working on something I think is going to be fantastic. It's going to be so different than what you would normally see and think," Giraldo said.
I asked him whether such a residency show would feature Cirque-esque themes (no), or other bands on the bill (no), and I pitched other questions.
His answers to all questions were simply, "Nope, nope, nope, can't tell you."  http://www.lvrj.com/news/-fantastic-lv-gig-for-benatar-giraldo-195828291.html
It's also nice to know that they are decent couple unlike many other rock stars and celebrities. 
Benatar and Giraldo are one of those Paul-and-Linda-McCartney types of couples. Paul and Linda famously spent only one day apart during all their years of love, and that day came when Paul got busted with weed overseas.
Similarly, Benatar and Giraldo have been together every day since they got together, except one. Giraldo explains that day: "I went with my manager to San Francisco to see one of the World Series games, and they had the huge earthquake" in 1989. "It was the only day we weren't apart, which is really crazy."
They are also a noted clean-living couple, as they have said in interviews over the years.
"I'm the wild one, the renegade," Giraldo (nickname "Spyder") says. "The reason why this partnership works is because Patricia is the sensible one, always the one that grounds me."

2 comments:

  1. Oh, happy day. I am a huge Pat Benatar fan. I've seen her in concert four or five times, she's fantastic (even if her hubby is bound and determined to have equal billing with her). I think it's a low down dirty shame that she hasn't been able to muster a comeback, despite some great music (Inamorata, Go). So, Dan, it looks like we have an area of complete agreement on something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Jamie, we have more in common than you think. You are probably more conservative and I am just a very tiny little bit liberal on some issues.

    ReplyDelete