Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another Day and Another Wal-Mart Injury

Went to work at Wal-Mart and got hurt. Again.
So, far, I have had tendons torn from my elbows and back problems. There isn't a day where I don't feel the pain of working at Wal-Mart. Today, I had to downstack over 9,000 pounds of groceries so the night shift can have an easier night.
But no, that is no what caused my injury.
While unloading a dairy and frozen food truck, the pallets were terribly wrapped and when I was pulling off some frozen food, some cases of food fell off the pallet, bounced off the electric pallet jack and hit quite hard on my calf, causing bruising. Then, because of a leak in some juice product, the floor of the truck was qite icy and I twisted my ankle sliding on the ice, making it swell up.
Ok, some people say that if Wal-Mart paid a living wage, we would get better employees. Well, tonight, the problems came from the distribution center located in northern Nevada. These employees are some of the highest paid Wal-Mart laborer employees. They make $15/hr and above, yet there are times, it seems that retarded monkeys can do a better job than the loaders/stackers/wrappers/routers/supervisors/management at the distribution center.
So, another Wal-Mart injury and sadly, it won't be the last. Maybe I am getting too old.

No comments:

Post a Comment