Sunday, January 3, 2010

A-Z Pawn Shop Visit- People, Don't Be So Darn Rude


My son and I went to the A-Z Pawn shop, home of the Pawn Stars to look for for games for my Wii (actually my wife's Wii- I don't even know how to turn the darn thing on).

When we got there, we had to wait to get in. There were about 30 people in the store, so I am not sure about the wait. When we got in there, we could see the Old Man giving out autographs and taking pictures with people. By the time we got up front, the guy in front of us tried to pawn his watch to the Old Man. The old Man looked at it and told him to take it up front so he could pawn it. The guy started arguing and because he only wanted The Old Man to pawn it, maybe thinking he was going on TV. The Old Man told him that's where the machines were to do the pawn and he gave the guy his watch back and walked away, leaving me standing there with a picture in hand and no autograph. (BTW, they give awy free pictures of the family- Chumlee not included)

Any ways, we bought 2 games and went to back car. I forgot my cameraphone and I wanted to get some pictures.

We went back in and saw another guy arguing with the sales person in trying to get the Old Man back and sign some pictures and sign autographs. The guy was told that the guys were trying to run a business but the guy didn't seemed to impressed.

We got to the back of the shop and saw Coke machine and barber chair, neither which have apparently have been sold ( the Griswold West Point jacket still has not been sold) and we got our picture.

Then Corey and the Old Man came out and were discussing the show amongst themselves. they were wondering if they got paid for the Holiday shows and were talking about how they were going to put in 60 hour weeks because they are going to start shooting tomorrow.

So, if you have something weird to pawn or get a chance to be on TV, the show starts filming tomorrow. Not sure how long it will last, though.

Then I went up and asked nicely if I could get their autographs and Corey signed it Big Hoss and the Old Man signed it as Richard Sr. "The Old Man". Both were nice and talked for a few moments.

As were we were leaving, I could see another guy begin pushing other shoppers to get closer to the shopkeepers.
Another interesting thing a sales person said to me. The older people like the Old Man the best, while the younger people liked Chumlee the best.
So, please visiting, don't be rude- you look like fools and people don't owe you anything.
And if you want pawn a weird thing, next week and perhaps beyond, bring it in and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment