Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Restaurant Review: Luv It Frozen Custard

A long time reader, Ordinary Jill (http://jillsixpack.blogspot.com/) challenged me to try Luv-It Frozen custard. I like challenges like this.
I am a fan of Wisconsin custard- Koops, Cruisers and especially Culvers. And Luv-It is no Culvers, Cruisers or Kopps.
First,Luv-It is a drive in without car-hops like Sonic and there are no sandwiches that are served there- not even a lowly hot dog. Considering that the three above mentioned restaurants have some of the largest and best hamburgers, this is certainly a disappointment.
Now, for the most important part, the taste of the custard. My daughter I had chocolate, my son had wild cherry and Cathy had a coconut sundae.
The custard taste is close to the above mentioned restaurants, but in the end the 3 restaurants- Culvers, Cruisers and Koops win out. Further, Cathy liked Baskin Robbins better than Luv-It. As far as the price, it was $21 for 3 double dip custards, (the double dip equals a single dip in Wisconsin) and a double dip sundae. That's pretty expensive.
However, I will say this, this is the best custard I have tasted in Las Vegas and the surrounding area. Luv-It is located on Oakey, about 1/2 block east of Las Vegas Blvd. Hey, when it's 110 outside int he summer, the custard will taste great, if you can get to your car without it melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment