Thursday, October 18, 2012

I Finally Have 2 Shows To Watch At Prime Time And On Regular TV

I have not watched a prime time TV show on ABC, NBC or CBS in at least 3 or 4 years and this season, I finally found 2 shows that I actually enjoy.
The Last Resort on ABC has started good and seems like a good show.  It's a show about a renegade submarine that is at war with the U.S. because of a renegade president who is in fear of losing the election.  The first couple of episodes have been pretty good so, hopefully, it won't jump the shark soon.
The second show is Chicago Fire, which is on NBC and it tells about the life and times about like in a Chicago firehouse.
This show bring back memories when I was a volunteer firefighter and the one time I did a ride along with the paramedics with the CFD.  It was an interesting shift as life in the firehouse was quite interesting, especially since they had the ugliest dog I have ever seen.  The action was mostly non-stop and we lost 3 patients that day- they were already dead when we got there.
This show is like the 1970's show, Emergency! on steroids.  The fire and accident scenes are not realistic but hey, at least they are interesting.
I wonder if I will have to go another 3 years before they put out another decent show?

No comments:

Post a Comment