Sunday, March 17, 2013

Gov. Scott Walker For President?

I certainly would vote for him.
From jsonline: Gov. Scott Walker's presidential ambitions moved on to a big stage Saturday with a rousing speech to thousands of conservative activists and the release of some of his most candid comments yet on his future plans.
"We have to be optimistic. We have to be relevant. And, most importantly, we have to be courageous," Walker told the Conservative Political Action Conference.
On Saturday morning, just hours before his speech, the influential news outlet Politico reported that Walker said he is open to a run for president. The news outlet added that the governor "pointedly declined to pledge to serve a full four-year term if he's re-elected next year."
Asked about his interest in running for president, Walker said during the interview, "Would I ever be (interested)? Possibly. I guess the only thing I'd say is I'm not ruling it out."
Walker, who faces re-election in 2014, said his focus as governor is on substance, not longevity, Politico reported.
"For me, it's really a measure of what I've accomplished and what more I could accomplish if I was in a different position," Walker said in the interview.
When questioned later by reporters, Walker did not dispute the Politico account but said he is "focused on being governor."
"My number one job is helping people of the state of Wisconsin create jobs," he said. "I'm focused on that. I had to run hard twice the last two years to get that job. Any other discussions about what may or may not be in the future is really related to what I do as governor. So it's in my best interest to continue to do a good job for people of the state. But I'm not testing anything right now."
Walker said he hasn't even made an announcement yet on running for re-election in 2014. But he has begun to set up a campaign team, hiring four staffers.  http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/scott-walker-rallies-cpac-with-upbeat-conservative-message-g896d01-198599151.html
There is doubt Walker will a second term as Governor,  the Democrats threw everything at Walker and he beat the crap out the Democrats and their money.
Walker would be a great president and I would support him in any way I  could.

No comments:

Post a Comment