Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Holy Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, Look Who's Paying For Halloween

Guess who is paying for the following:
Pumpkins for carving scary pictures
Candy to give to the little beggars
Halloween cupcakes and frosting
Water and soda to quench the thirst of the trick or treaters
Little bags of potato chips, Cheetos and Fritos to give to the little goblins

Yep, you guessed it, the taxpayers are paying these items if a person is on food stamps.
Today, I had a person come in and pay for 7 pumpkins on food stamps at Wal-Mart.  I would bet a dollar to a donut that they are not going to eat the pumpkins like the pilgrims did in the early days of the United States.
This is just abuse of the system.
If we can limit food purchases on WIC, we can certainly do the same for foo stamps.
Besides Michelle Obama wants people to eat more healthy, so, make those on food stamps eat more healthy.
Do you think anybody of those on food stamps will thank a taxpayer for giving them their free food?
Yeah, I doubt it to.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm not on foodstamps, but I made pumpkin soup tonight! Was great, by the way. I always make my pumpkin pies from real pumpkins too.

    ReplyDelete