Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Say What??

From Fire Rescue 1: According to Knoxville firefighters, a woman melted her tub after she tried to barbecue a brisket in it.
Investigators said water from the tub poured on the neighbors below. Firefighters arrived at an apartment complex on Monday after a structure fire was reported.
Captain DJ Corcoran of Knoxville Fire Department told CBS News 8 that firefighters found a middle-aged woman fanning light smoke from her apartment. She told fire crews there was a fire in the bathroom.
Corcoran said the woman tried to cook a brisket in her fiberglass bathtub. She had an open flame in the bottom of the tub with a wire rack resting on the upper edges. The meat was resting on top of the wire rack.
Firefighters were able to use the shower head to extinguish the melting fiberglass.
No injuries were reported, though the apartment below suffered minimal water damage. The tub and the brisket were a total loss.
Of course, now the lady will sue the maker of the bath tub for damages and bathtub makers will have to put warning signs saying something like this:

Image result for image of bathtub
Do Not Barbeque brisket in the Bathtub

No comments:

Post a Comment