Sunday, October 7, 2012

HELP: Computer People I Need HELP!!!

Hey, out there, I am having major issues with my mouse on my computer freezing up.  It started a couple weeks ago where it would freeze every there day and now it's like every 10 minutes.
The only way to unfreeze it is to turn off the computer and turn it back on and sometimes that doesn't even help. 
It usually happens when I use the Internet and it doesn't matter if I use Firefox or Explorer.  I have also run computer screenings to check for viruses and other malwear. 
I have a 9 year old HP computer and the mouse runs off a USB port.  The inside of the mouse is dirty and the CPU is dusty.
The only way to get the mouse working is restarting the computer.  I just cannot close out windows and log back in.
So, if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.  D I just need a new mouse or do i have to shoot my computer to put it out of it's misery.  I need the cheapest alternative possible.
Thanks to those who respond.

2 comments:

  1. It may be your mouse, or it may be your computer. Often when the mouse freezes, what is really going on is the processor is overloaded, and it's causing the mouse to hang. You might try switching the port your mouse is plugged into, or getting a new mouse (they're really cheap these days), and seeing if anything changes. If it's the same, your computer is bogging down, and either needs to be cleaned up (both the software and the dust!). Or--and you already know this--a new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your computer Bios setting just need to be change.

    ReplyDelete