Wednesday, December 23, 2009

More Evil Wal-Mart News




I realize I may get fired for this, but what the hell.


At the Wal-Mart store I work at in Las Vegas, they have let go all of the seasonal help they hired in October and November, just before Christmas. Why, I am not sure. This is comes to about 40-50 employees. I over heard a personnel employee telling a new hire that they probably had a job for about 3-4 months, but that did not turn out to be true.
I do think, part of it has to do with what is going on nationally, with the health care bill and the possibility of increase in taxes.
Normally, associates hired for the holiday season work until the beginning of February, but not this year. When I was hired a little over 2 years ago, I was hired as a seasonal employee. Back then, if you did a good job, you were kept on and became either part time or full time employee.
Now, even if the the seasonal workers did a good job, they are let go.
Again, I think part of this has to do with the uncertainty of the health care bill. Wal-Mart and probably other companies want to get workers off the payrolls before the bill passes.
I might be completely wrong on this, but then, prove me wrong.

And if I am fired, oh well.


1 comment:

  1. Shalom Dan,

    Well, if you're ever fired, we'd love to have you contribute to The Writing On The Wal. The pay sucks even more than Walmart, but we do get a certain satisfaction from the job of "rolling back the curtain on the Bentonvile Behemoth's corporate disinformation and other flackery."

    B'shalom,

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete