Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ok, I Admit I Was Wrong About The Packers

Today, the Packers beat up the Seattle Seahawks, 48-10 to clinch a wild card playoff spot.
In the beginning of the season, i thought the Packers were a 8-8 team at best. Today they won their 10th game.
I also thought Aaron Rogers was an average quarterback, but he turned out to be quite good, in the upper 1/3 of the league as far as quarterbacks go. He will be considered to be Brett Favre's backup for a long time but if he continues to improve he will come out of Favre's shadow.
When Al Harris went out, I thought the defense of the Packers would get better and it did.
So, one more week and then the playoffs. It will be interesting to see if they play the Vikings and Brett Favre for a third time.
So, the fun is just beginning and I am glad I was wrong.
(p.s. to a certain liberal blogger in Milwaukee, see, it is easy to admit it when you wrong)

3 comments:

  1. Well, you do get a lot of practice. But if you think this game was a marker of where they are, you are in for a deep disappointment. Seattle couldn't win a game right now to save their souls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're gonna be wrong about something, that's a good start.

    I picked them to be 11-5 and that is pretty close. I also think Rodgers is one of the top 5 or 6 QB's in the league.

    In the NFC playoffs, all the teams are beatable so it remains to be seen who's hot & who's not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, in the NFC, it seems the Packers are the hottest right now. I would have put my money on new Orleans 2 weeks ago, but they are sputtering out. Cowboys? Ha. Vikqueens? They are going down hill fast. Philly looks ok, but not that impressive and Arizona? Well, it is Arizona.
    So, the Packers have as good a chance of anyone and their road record isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete