Monday, December 14, 2009

Pawn Stars Review- October 14th, 2009

The first show was pretty decent. The Les Paul guitar was interesting. The seller, Rod, says he was a musician and one of the bands he mention was Toto. I looked on Wikepedia and saw there was no musician named Rod. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toto_(band) Maybe he was using an alias.
The hot air balloon was a joke. No way should the guy given the money back to the shop. However, the thing about giving rides to customers probably was bogus. There are three places you can get a hot air balloon ride. There was a piece on Las Vegas Advisor http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/index.cfm?&CFID=26067535&CFTOKEN=82316992 . (there is no link to the article) There are 3 places where you can get a hot air balloon ride in Vegas. One guy does it full time, one part time and a hot air balloon ride across from the Mandaly Bay that goes up about 500 feet. They do it day and night and it is pretty cool to see at night. None of the above are from the pawn shop. So, if going to the pawn shop, don't count on going on a hot air balloon ride.
In the 2nd show, I have to admit I was a bit grumpy because when I went to get a beer, I stepped in some pee the hound laid down on the carpet and missed a little bit of the show.
I didn't know who was Monty Montana either, so I learned something. Corey really didn't do much negotiating with the owner. Go from $2000 to $3000 in a second? But, hey, he came in 2nd in the competition.
Pretty cool that the Old Man was a Navy man.
The guy selling the motorcycle says he can't find a place to store the bike. Well, there are a lot of places to store things, if he wanted to payout the money. And no, I never saw the bike ever, on the floor of the store. The seller mentioned the Las Vegas Motorspeed Way. It's just down the street from where I live and it is a huge facility. It has a full size track, drag strip, (both have huge national events like NASCAR and NHRA races), a short track and a road course and I also think, a dirt track. During NASCAR (Sprint) they have their own airport for helicopters. They have a control tower and landing area for people who want to travel from the Strip to the track and avoid the traffic. Actually, traffic on race day isn't bad as we got home in less than 45 minutes from the race ended, walking to the car and getting out of the parking lot. Not bad when you have about 100,000 people at the race. At the Speedway, the motorcycles race on the drag strip and road course.
Funny that the Old Man won the competition, but I have seen him work when I was in the shop, and as I have said before, he is a nice guy but firm when I got to talk to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment