Saturday, May 29, 2010

Major League= Memories


I am watching the movie "Major League" probably for the 150th time. This was my first and last acting job.

Even the movie was set in Cleveland, the majority of the shooting was done in Milwaukee. For instance, the spring training dorm scenes were filmed at the Milwaukee County House of Corrections. Some of the houses filmed at were real Milwaukee homes.

The movie needed thousands of extras to fill the stands and I went a couple of days for the shooting. The shooting was long and I didn't leave until 2 or 3 in the morning and others stayed longer. There was a lot of sitting followed by standing and cheering and then getting up and move to the next section of the stadium to make the stadium to look filled.

The thing I got out most of the filming is that the directors are perfectionists and they have to film shots and many different angles.

So, I'll wait for the next time it is on and I'll watch it for the 151st time.

4 comments:

  1. My one experience as a movie extra was in the Rodney Dangerfield flick "Back to School" in which UW-Madison stood in for "Great Lakes University."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that movie but was out of state when they filmed it. That must have been pretty cool to be in it. What part of the movie where you in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a very brief shot done on Bascom Hill with a bunch of student extras walking in the background. I don't even remember what part of the movie it's in (it's been years since I've seen it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were a couple of scenes of Bascom, if I remember correctly.
    It was neat going to school at U.W. after the movie came out and say, yep, that was in the movie and that was in the movie. I also like how they decorated up the U.W. police cars.

    ReplyDelete