Friday, August 12, 2011

Nice Story On Mark From Pawn Stars

The LVRJ runs a very nice story on Mark, the Clark County Museum administrator who has appeared on about 50 episodes of Pawn stars.
From the LVRJ: From the corner of his eye, Mark Hall-Patton can see people gawking at him because they recognize either his long beard or signature Atwood hat .
They don't identify him as the administrator for the Clark County Museums, or even as an author, but rather as the go-to history expert on the reality television show "Pawn Stars" on the History Channel.
"I was at an Arco, and a guy ran up to me because he recognized the hat and the beard," Hall-Patton said. "He said, 'I recognize you from 'Pawn Stars.' I hate you.' I don't quite know the protocol for dealing with someone who says they hate you at an Arco. He said he hated me because I never give an appraisal. I kindly explained I don't do appraisals because I am a museum administrator. I just can only speak on the history."
Even walking onto the set of "Pawn Stars" at the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop, 713 Las Vegas Blvd. South , one, two, three, four, five visitors' cameras hover in midair waiting to snap after Hall-Patton answers the question: "May I get a picture with you?"
Hall-Patton humbly answers, "Sure," and accepts that the nearly 25-foot walk to the back of the store will take at least 10 minutes, if not longer, as he wades through the tourists who all know him -- or at least his face.
Store owner Rick "The Spotter" Harrison, who also has fans swarm him every time he walks onto the floor, is impressed by how much Hall-Patton knows.
http://www.lvrj.com/view/tv-show-makes-a-star-out-of-museum-administrator-mark-hall-patton-127291423.html
I guess my question why in the hell would someone come up to Mark, the Pawn Stars or anyone else and tell that you hate them? That is just plain stupid.
But it is also nice that the History Channel makes a donation to the museum every time it appears. I am quite sure the museum needs the money in these tough times.
It's great to see Mark get the recognition he deserves for running two museums in Clark County.

No comments:

Post a Comment