Saturday, September 17, 2011

Busy Weekend In Las Vegas

This weekend is a busy week in Las Vegas.
Mexican freedom day is this weekend and where do the Mexicans come to party, so why not Las Vegas? There are Mexican dancers and Marichai bands all over the Strip, airport and throughout the Valley.

Another reason why the Mexicans are here is that there is a fight between Las Vegas's own thug, Lloyd Maryweather, who has something about fighting people who are not boxers- his girlfriend, security guards and people he does not like. He is fighting Victor Ortiz, from Mexico. Maryweather is listed as a huge favorite and but it would be nice if Ortiz can hurt the punk, Maryweather.

Then there is the UNLV vs Hawaii at Sam Boyd Stadium. Las Vegas is considered to be Hawaii's 9th island because we have so many native Hawiaans living here. Look for the over/under to be around 100 as both teams have good offenses and no defense.

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/sep/17/fight-football-mexican-holiday-expected-bring-tens/

Finally, there is the Mr. Olympia body building contest at the Orleans, with Las Vegas's Jay Cutler, (no, not the quarterback of Da Chicago Bears- though Vegas Butler probably do as good of job as Bear Cutler and he wouldn't walk out of a game)
http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-report/2011/sep/16/mr-olympia-jay-cutlers-training-regimen-eat-sleep-/
I did not know this about body builders: Training is focused on a four-month period leading to the contest, and his food intake is voluminous: “Getting in tip-top shape takes about four months, but you are always training. I start in June and I end in September. … During those four months, every day is the same. It’s like Groundhog Day for me. I eat, pretty much, 24 hours a day. I eat around seven meals, and I eat protein-carbohydrate combos. I eat every 2 ½ hours. It takes me about 45 minutes to eat each meal, and it takes 15 to 20 minutes of prepping time. I eat almost a pound of meat or fish every meal. I eat a pound of potatoes or rice every meal, and I eat between 4,000 and 6,000 calories per day. I’m training four times a day, and I sleep 6 to 8 hours. So, if you calculate time of the day together, there’s really not much else going on in my life.”
Just before competition, his weight is down to 250: “At my peak, I’m about 300 pounds, but when I compete, I’ll strip down to about 250 (Cutler is 5 feet 9 inches tall). I’ve cut sodium out of my diet completely this week. I eat egg whites for breakfast -- I have 20 egg whites for breakfast, usually -- and I’ve cut those out. I’ll stop drinking water Thursday and Friday, so you get that really ripped look you see in photos and magazines. You have to be dehydrated and showing every fiber in the body.”
The Strip will be busy this weekend with drunks, cops and whores. And the cops will be sadly outnumbered- except of course, when the cops will be filming Las Vegas Strip. Then there will plenty of cops around the film crew.

1 comment:

  1. Those tanned, oiled bodies always remind me of pulled taffy. Not pretty.

    ReplyDelete