Tuesday, September 27, 2011

NBA Lockout: Does Anybody Really Care?

The NBA pre-season was about to start in about 2 weeks but because of the lockout, several games have been cancelled. There is a strong threat that the NBA start of the regular season will be delayed.
When there was a NFL lockout, people began to panic, the sports book people were worrying about laying people off, fantasy leagues were in danger of not starting and many people were in a panic.
But the NBA is another story. The sports book don't really care that much. No one is complaining about a fantasy league not being run. Players are threatening to go to Europe and even Jack Nicholson couldn't care less.
So, does anybody really care that the NBA players are locked out and that the season will not start on time?
I don't care because I have football, baseball, NASCAR, Indy car and even hockey to keep me busy.
I wouldn't even miss the NBA as I would rather watch college or high school basketball than the NBA.
So, keep the lockout going, I don't need to see Jack Nicholson on the highlight reel every time the Lakers play at home.

1 comment:

  1. I really could care less about any lockouts from any sports, the players make hundreds of millions of dollars to play a game for a few months a year.

    ReplyDelete