Sunday, December 30, 2012

Senile Harry Reid Blows It Again

From Real Clear Politics: SEN. MITCH MCCONNELL (R-KENTUCKY): My office submitted our latest offer to the Majority Leader last night at 7:10 p.m. and offered to work through the night to find common ground. The Majority Leader's staff informed us they would be getting back to us this morning at 10:00 a.m., despite the obvious time crunch we all have. It's now 2:00 p.m., and we have yet to receive a response to our good-faith offer.
Now, I'm concerned about the lack of urgency here. I think we all know we're running out of time. This is far too much at stake for political gamesmanship. We need to protect the American families and businesses from this looming tax hike. Everyone agrees that that action is necessary. In order to get things moving, I have just spoken with the Majority Leader. I also placed a call to the vice president to see if he could help jump-start the negotiations on his side.
The vice president and I have worked together on solutions before, and I believe we can again. I want my colleagues to know that we'll keep everyone updated. The consequences of this are too high for the American people to be engaged in a political messaging campaign. I'm interested in getting a result here. 
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/12/30/sen_reid_to_gop_at_this_stage_were_not_able_to_make_a_counteroffer.html
Reid is an embarrassment to us here in Nevada and the United states and he needs to resign now.  He's done enough damage to Nevada and the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment