Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Why, Yes, It Does Snow In Las Vegas

From the Las Vegas Sun:
Snow flurries were reported across the Las Vegas Valley this morning, the National Weather Service said.
The west side of the valley saw the most flurries, though the snow did not stick to the ground, said Ryan Metzger, a meteorologist with the weather service.
The snow flurries are expected to change into scattered showers after about 9 a.m., he said. Clouds are expected to remain most of the day, he said.
Today’s high temperature is expected to reach 50 degrees, Metzger said.  http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/dec/26/snow-flurries-reported-across-las-vegas-valley/
I heard the Strip and downtown got some snow flurries today, but alas, we didn't get any in Henderson.
Since moving from Wisconsin, I have become such a wimp when it comes to cold weather.  When I first moved here, I used to wear a t-shirt when it was 40 degrees out.  Now, I wear an undershirt, shirt and sweatshirt in 40 degree weather.  I am also able to tolerate 100 degree weather better.  Maybe we could get a little global warming around this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment