Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Good Governemtn Agency: Nevada DMV

Many government agencies get a bad rap because of poor customer service and most of the time, it is well deserved.  When I began work at Wal-Mart, I had to get a health card from Clark County and a Alcohol card from a private agency.  The Clark County Health Department in Henderson had a bunch of grumpy, pain in the butt employees with stupid rules and they did everything to make things difficult for a person to get a health card.
Meanwhile there is a private company that deals with the booze card- TAM of Nevada, a private company.  the employees there were helpful, kind and courteous.  The exact opposite of the government workers.

DMV Logo
 State of Nevada DMV
However, there is a government agency in Nevada that gets a bad rap, mostly because of tradition of bashing them, but I am here to say that the Nevada DMV has doing a great job the past several years.
Yesterday, I went to the DMV to get tags on my car.  because i was overdue for a couple of days, I had to meet with a representative and there were about 50 people ahead of me.  In most states, this could have been a disaster but at the Henderson DMV, I was in and out in less than 25 minutes.  In the past several years, I have had to go to the Nevada DMV at several locations and the service has been very good with very good people working.
So, congratulations to the Nevada DMV for being a government agency that actually works.

No comments:

Post a Comment