Saturday, February 15, 2014

Interesting: Hunter Ripped Off

Rick Vukasin
From the Reno Gazette Journal:
A big-game hunter from Montana is suing a Canadian outfitter and a world-renowned hunting guide in Tajikistan he accuses of turning his once-in-a-lifetime adventure of bagging a rare, wild argali sheep known as the “Marco Polo” into a nightmare.
Rick Vukasin said in a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Reno last week that he spent more than $50,000 pursuing the animal in the Pamir mountains of northeast Tajikistan near China’s border in December 2012.
The 65-year-old electrician said he felt like he was literally on top of the world after he tracked, shot and killed a 400-pound, big-horned ram with the coveted, spiraling horns at an elevation of 14,000 feet. But he was mortified two months later when he opened up the box shipped to his home in Great Falls to find the horns were not the 58-inch-long ones from his trophy animal.
“I could tell right away,” Vukasin told the Associated Press. “I was sick.”
“I’ve been fighting them more than a year. I finally got fed up and decided to do something about it,” he said, adding he’s convinced others have been victimized. “I have this stuff sitting in my living room and every time I look at the horns, I just get that much more mad.”...
Vukasin said Ameri-Cana co-owner Dan Frederick dismissed his concerns, telling him “it’s just hunting.”
“Granted,” Vukasin said, “you can have bad weather or you might not see any animals or you might miss the shot. That’s hunting.
“But to shoot the animal and take pictures of it and then not to get it, somebody has to be responsible.” http://www.rgj.com/viewart/20140215/LIV08/302150038/Hunter-sues-Reno-over-alleged-fraudulent-big-game-hunt
I'm not  hunter, but I can tell this guy got ripped off from a hunt of a life time.
The article doesn't say why he didn't take the horns home right away and if he was able to keep the meat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment