Monday, February 17, 2014

What Do You Get When You Have An Election Between A RINO and A Conservative democrat?

From the LVRJ: Clark County Commission Chairman Steve Sisolak, a Democrat, said Monday he won’t run against incumbent Republican Gov. Brian Sandoval.
Sisolak said the timing isn’t right and he’s still more interested in leading the commission. In addition, it would be difficult to catch up to Sandoval’s fund-raising as the governor took in $3 million in 2013, he said.
“Now is just not the right time for me,” Sisolak, 60, said in an interview. “I did all of my due diligence, a lot of research and polling and talked to my family. I just decided that the timing is not right. I love my job and I’ve got a lot I want to do still.”
The Democratic Party has yet to field a top-tier candidate to take on Sandoval, 50, who’s running for re-election with an approval rating between 50 percent and 60 percent in recent polls.
U.S. Sen. Harry Reid-D-Nev., and other top Democrats had been encouraging Sisolak to run.  http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/clark-county-commissioner-steve-sisolak-won-t-run-governor
It would have been an interesting race between a conservative Democrat in Sisolak and RINO Brian Sandoval.   I think Sisolak could have beaten Sandoval.
But then there is laugher courtesy of Sick Tick Segerblom:
Last week, state Sen. Tick Segerblom, D-Las Vegas, said he doubted he would run for governor, mostly because he hadn’t received backing from top Democrats. Segerblom, who is midway through a four-year term, could change his mind now.
“I don’t think I’ll be in the governor’s race this year,” Segerblom, 65, said last week. “The powers that be are conspicuously silent when I bring the subject up.”
Well, Sick Tick, the leaders of the Democrat Party are not stupid, you would have been embarrassingly beaten by Sandoval and many Democrats would have stayed home.
And finally, there is this:
So far, only little-known candidates have expressed interest in running for governor. They include Democrat Chris Hyepock and Frederick Conquest, a professor at the College of Southern Nevada, who has said he’ll likely run as a Democrat, after abandoning an independent run since he didn’t collect enough signatures to meet an early February deadline.
Perennial candidate Eddie Hamilton is running in the GOP primary against Sandoval. And David VanDerBeek is running under the Independent American Party banner.
How sad is it in the Nevada Democratic Party that they cannot come up with a credible candidate for governor when registered Democrats substantially out number registered Republicans?
For me, as a protest vote, I just might vote for the Independent American Party to voice my displeasure with Sandoval.

No comments:

Post a Comment