Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fox to Charge for Web Sites

Rupert Murdoch want to charge money for people who want to visit his companies web sites. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7f6edc2c-821f-11de-9c5e-00144feabdc0.html
While I like the Fox News web site, I don't like it enough to pay for it. I can always get my news else where.
Will it work, maybe. I tend to doubt it because the news organizations that do charge something, also have free sites. The WSJ has free sites. The NY Times tried to do the same with their editorial writers, but I think they failed and don't charge now and they also had the free site. There are some local papers I have visited that charge, but the news isn't that great that I will pay and I can always go to another paper that will cover the same story.
So, to Fox News, thanks for the memories but we will go our separate ways, when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment