Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Alternative Talk Tadio In Las Vegas

Talk radio has really suffered recently in Las Vegas since 840 AM, KXNT committed radio suicide and AM 1280 dropped talk radio. Of course there is NPR which is quite liberal and usually boring. Jerry Doyle is best talk show in town, except today, while he was interviewing a guest, you could here snoring or grunting in the background. In the morning, if you are tired of listening to Heidi Harris of KDWN screwing up facts on a particular cause, there is another alternative to talk radio in Las Vegas that I recently found out about: AM 670 KMZQ out of Las Vegas.
In the morning, I tend to listen to Steve Wark when I tire of Heidi Harris, which has been more frequent. Steve can be wonkish at times but lately has had some good topics. Like Harris, the callers aren't the brightest or are really wonkish.
KMZQ has a pretty good line up, not great, but not horrible. They have Clark Howard, Lars Larsen and Neal Boortz, among others. The web site of the station isn't very good: http://www.670theq.com/index.html and I don't think their radio range is very long.
So, if you want different talk, check them out.

1 comment:

  1. You think you've got it bad? Has there EVER been a liberal station in Vegas? Liberal media, my patootie! I'm very curious what KXNT's ratings are doing, and was surprised to see that 1280 switched formats so quickly. But did we really need two right-wing talk radio stations on FOUR frequencies?

    By the way, your "Obama is a Muslim" post had me scratching my head. If I had to guess, I'd think that Obama is somewhere on the "atheist/agnostic/deist" spectrum.

    ReplyDelete