Sunday, February 27, 2011

Teachers: Free Or Complain

I have been a teacher for 14 years now and I have made some observations over the years.
First, some teachers have some pretty dirty minds.
Many teachers could not hold a job in the real world.
Some teachers have used drugs, especially when they were young.
But the biggest thing I've observed is that teachers like free things. Free food. Free services. Free tickets. *
This week, Bank of America bought a lot of tickets to the NASCAR Sprint car race in Las Vegas. To get the tickets, you had to get a voucher from CCSD and then turn the voucher at the Speedway.
Apparently, between BOA, the LVMS and CCSD, they printed far more vouchers than tickets available, and the tickets were sold out. But they gave away tickets to the Nationwide Sam's Town 350 on Saturday.
I heard one lady berate the ticket seller because teacher made the mistake of waiting to turn in a voucher, like I did, and had to settle for the Saturday race.
Cathy, my wife, heard another lady tell the ticket seller that if she couldn't get a ticket to Sunday's race, she wouldn't go to Saturday's race because it wasn't a good race to go to- in other words. it was beneath her.
I asked the ticket sellers if they had some problems with teachers not getting Sunday race tickets and they hem and hawed and finally said yes, they had several problems with teachers ho were pissed they were not getting a free Sunday but were getting free tickets for Saturdays race.
Well, on my behalf, I apologize to the ticket takers who had to take the B.S. from teachers who had no right to be mad.
And I thank Bank of America and LVMS for providing free tickets to teachers for Saturdays and Sundays race.

* This doesn't include my teacher friends at the school I currently teach at.

No comments:

Post a Comment