Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another New York Politician Busted In Sex Case

From The Washington Times: Rep. Christopher Lee, a married New York Republican, resigned from office Wednesday after his flirtations with a young single woman - complete with a bare-chested photo and e-mail excerpts - were made public by Gawker.com, an online gossip site.
“I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents. I deeply and sincerely apologize to them all. I have made profound mistakes and I promise to work as hard as I can to seek their forgiveness,” said
Mr. Lee, after initially denying the report.
“The challenges we face in Western New York and across the country are too serious for me to allow this distraction to continue, and so I am announcing that I have resigned my seat in
Congress effective immediately,” he said.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/feb/9/scandal-forces-gop-lawmaker-to-step-down/
Lee joins Elliot Spitzer, former governor of New York, as a New York politician forced to resign because of a sex scandal.
His big crime- sending a picture of himself nude. From the waist up.
At least Lee is acting like a man by resigning. Nevada's own John Ensign had sex with his best friend's wife and pays the family off. And he is trying to run again, but has no chance in hell in winning his current Senate seat, but yet he won't resign. Where is the fairness for that?
Well, for whatever it is worth, Lee took the responsible route while Ensign still enjoys the benefits of being a U.S. senator. Sometimes life is not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment