Tuesday, July 12, 2011

KDWN Drops Glenn Beck Adds Dennis Miller

Today, Glenn Beck was dropped from KDWN 720 AM, Las Vegas, and was replaced by Dennis Miller for the 9-12 noo time slot.
I'm not sure why this happened. Maybe because Beck dropped his TV show and KDWN fears he will lose listeners because of this. So, they replace him with Dennis Miller? I never really listened to Beck and listening to Miller is very tough to do. I tried to day and lasted 15 minutes.
I don't think anybody can do better than Rush Limbaugh in ratings, but throwing out Dennis Miller there is like surrendering the time slot.
On the other hand, AM 670, KMQZ out of Las Vegas, has Laura Ingrahm during the 9:00 hour and she is a good listen, at times.
It's merry-go-round time in talk radio in Las Vegas again. Maybe KMQZ or KDWN could get Casey Hendrickson to come back to radio.

8 comments:

  1. *weeping* how sad! I cant believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KDWN has not made any announcement, this statement is false. Miller has been on KDWN for a few years now first at 7pm and more recently at 2am. Their website shows that Miller is still scheduled at 2am. There 9-12 spot seems to be blank and missing so that would tend to believe that there is another show in the works maybe starting in August? Casey would most likely never be hired in Las Vegas again, he spent most of his time bashing all local talk stations because they would not hire him and went on childish rants on his facebook, KDWN would be desperate to put him on 9-12. Unless Dan works for KDWN I think we need to wait till the official word comes out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess your scenario may be correct, but running Dennis Miller two times a day seems strange.
    KDWN has remmoved Glenn Beck's name from it's schedule, so my statement is pretty much correct.
    I really was kidding about Hendrickson, though.
    And why should I wait until "official" news comes out, I made an accurate statement about their schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KDWN announced that there will be local programming from 9-Noon set to start Monday 7/25. According to some hear say, Beck was dropped because of little to no ratings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, look at the Alan Stock story and it may be true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I emailed the GM of KDWN and was told that they are putting local options in that time slot and to hear Glenn Beck I could stream his show from his website. The only reason I listened to KDWN was to hear Glenn Beck. Dennis Miller is boring, so I am done with KDWN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dennis Miller is great. so is Jerry Doyle and Savage when he shows up to work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing mornings in Indiana now, and I'm getting ready to start afternoons in another city simultaneously. Appreciate the nod.

    Casey Hendrickson
    953mnc.com

    ReplyDelete