Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Maybe He'll Donate His Brain?

From the Weekly Standard: At a speech this morning at the White House to outline a new science initiative, President Barack Obama named himself "Scientist-in-Chief."
"I’m glad I’ve been promoted Scientist-in-Chief," Obama said to laughter at the White House. "Given my grades in physics, I’m not sure it’s deserving.  But I hold science in proper esteem, so maybe that gives me a little credit."
Obama said he brought together a lot of smart people, which would help grow the eocnomy. "Today I’ve invited some of the smartest people in the country, some of the most imaginative and effective researchers in the country -- some very smart people to talk about the challenge that I issued in my State of the Union address:  to grow our economy, to create new jobs, to reignite a rising, thriving middle class by investing in one of our core strengths, and that’s American innovation," said Obama.
Ideas are what power our economy.  It’s what sets us apart.  It’s what America has been all about.  We have been a nation of dreamers and risk-takers; people who see what nobody else sees sooner than anybody else sees it.  We do innovation better than anybody else -- and that makes our economy stronger.  When we invest in the best ideas before anybody else does, our businesses and our workers can make the best products and deliver the best services before anybody else."  http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-names-himself-scientist-chief_714445.html
Of course, this all had to be about Obama and "Scientist in Chief".
But afterwards, Obama was singing this song:

No comments:

Post a Comment