Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Hypocrisy Of The Left Continues

A Duck Dynasty star is trouble with something's he says about gays and now he has been put on hiatus.
Of course, he is being singled out because he is a conservative- when liberal actors say vile things, well, they are not condemned but praised and they don't lose their jobs for their vile views.
From Fox News: "Duck Dynasty" dad Phil Robertson has been placed on indefinite suspension by the A&E Network following his recent comments on homosexuality, the network announced Wednesday night.
"We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson's comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty," the network said in a statement.
"His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."
Earlier Wednesday, Roberston had responded to critics who had slammed him for very graphic statements he made about his preference for heterosexual sex over homosexual sex.
“I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior,” he said in a statement sent to FOX411. 
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.
"However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”  http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/18/phil-robertson-suspended-after-comments-about-homosexuality/
I don't agree with everything Phil says but he does say something's that are true, like this: "However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”  Now, what is wrong with that statement?
Liberals hate Duck Dynasty because the Robertson's are conservatives and they are not afraid to state their views and I am sure some are pissed off because the entire show was not cancelled.
But my guess is that the Duck Dynasty stars will not back down and may halt production on the show and let A&E decide whether to back down and lose a ton of money or hold firm.
And talk about vile:
John Podesta was just named as a new senior-level adviser to President Obama last week, but he's already ruffling Republican feathers.
In a profile published late Tuesday by Politico Magazine, Podesta is quoted comparing Republicans to the infamous cult led by Jim Jones, who was responsible for the 1978 cyanide poisoning of more than 900 of his followers in Guyana.
"They need to focus on executive action given that they are facing a second term against a cult worthy of Jonestown in charge of one of the houses of Congress," said Podesta of what Obama's White House team faces. Jonestown was the informal name of the settlement founded by Jones and his American followers.  http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2013/12/18/podesta-gop-jonestown-cult/4109385/
Has Podesta been fired by Obama?  Nope.
Bottom line is this: Freedom of speech doesn't extend to conservatives.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh. Dan, Dan, Dan. Do you not count Martin Bashir and Alec Baldwin BOTH losing their shows for saying things that got them in trouble?

    As for hating "Duck Dynasty" because they're conservative, not me, I didn't even know they were conservative. I'm more surprised that such a thin premise was greenlighted and somehow became a hit. A family of duck call makers with scraggly beards? I don't get it.

    For the record, I don't think he should lose his job. But he should probably not be QUITE so verbal about his controversial opinions. He needs an edit button.

    As for Podesta, I seriously doubt he invoked Jonestown for the way it ended, but for the hold Jim Jones had over his people. But, good grief, man, even your side uses the phrase "drinking the Kool-Aid." Where do you think that comes from?

    ReplyDelete