Monday, September 28, 2009

Forced Vaccanations- Not the Right Thing To Do

In the state of New York, about 500,000 health care workers are being required to get vaccinations against the Swine Flu.
"Despite a planned rally in Albany Tuesday to protest a state regulation requiring health care workers be vaccinated against influenza — both seasonal and swine fluNew York’s top public health official predicts dissenters will ultimately extinguish their anger and roll up their sleeves.
The regulation, which was approved in August, comes with a stinging addendum: Get vaccinated or get fired."...

Refusing to be immunized against H1N1 because of the vaccine debacle in 1976 “is like saying a plane crashed 33 years ago so I’ll never fly again,” said Dr. Richard Daines, New York State health commissioner. http://www.newsday.com/long-island/mandatory-flu-vaccination-splits-workers-1.1481242?print=true
Apparently, the good doctor forgot about the plane crash this year that killed 49 people in Buffalo, NY. Idiot doctor.
As a teacher that directly works with disabled students and change diapers and clean kids up and a former CNA, I have never a vaccination since I was a teenager. Hepatitis or otherwise and they were free. The last time I took a flu shot was when I was in the Air Force. The flu shot worked very well as I was sick for the next 2 weeks.
There are religions who are against immunizations. There are people, like myself, who think the Swine Flu is no different than any other flu and I refuse to get a shot for it. I believe that the Swine Flu is much overrated. There are others, and myself included, who take precautions and minimize the risk.
I am against government mandating health care- whether it is insurance or forced health care, like this.
This is a stupid idea and it infringes on people's rights.
Further, why don't they mandate other professions, like bus drivers, teachers, people who go to sporting events and other professions that deal with people in large numbers or groups of large people.
Just a stupid idea from government and in this case, the liberal state government of NY state.

No comments:

Post a Comment