A teacher in Burlington, NJ. decided that it was a good idea that their students should sing the praises of President Obama. Indoctrination by a teacher is usually not a good thing. As a teacher, once again, I am ashamed by the antics of a liberal teacher. This should never have happened, especially in an elementary school, where the kids really don't what they are being taught. At least, in high school, the kids would have a better idea what is going on. I am also pissed at the administration. Didn't they look at the teacher's lesson plans? As a parent, if this happened to one of my kids, not only would I have pulled the kids from the class, I would have pulled them from the school and perhaps, the district. I pulled my kids out of a Catholic school in Wisconsin Rapids when the school lied about how my son got injured in PE class, I would have no problems pulling them out of a public school. Teachers and especially unions, wonder why teachers get a bad rap. 95% of teachers are hard working, talented and really care about children. It's the other 5% that give the profession a bad name. The 5% either whine, abuse, act very stupid or are just incompetent and this is what the public sees. I hope the teacher, Principal and superintendent get fired, but that won't happen. Shameful.
Grew up in Wauwatosa but graduated from Oconomowoc H.S.. graduated from U.W. Madison, after serving in the Air Force. Taught in MPS and Westfield School District. Coached Special Olympics for several years. Moved to Las Vegas 2 1/2 years ago and teach in the CCSD as a special education teacher.