Sunday, September 6, 2009

Pawn Stars Update


The family went to the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, from Pawn Stars last week. One of the reasons we went was to get my kids intrested in coin collecting. My daughter likes to collect state quarters and last time we were in the shop, they had a whole collection for sale. This time they did not.
My son is intrested in older coins, as I am. We saw the Old Man and Rick Harrison in the shop this day. We asked Pops for advise on coin collecting and he seemed happy to give the advise (buy mint condition coins rather than old, beat up coins- something I never knew)Pops is bigger in person than he appears on TV. Hopefully, we will be able to make a purchase in the future.
Rick is smaller than I thought he would be. He was about to film a section on buying a real old gun that was said to be the oldest bazooka and another very old item. It looks like a pole axe, similar to what the Vatican guards carry. So, look for those in upcoming episodes.
I do feel sorry for the family. When we were there, 2 fans asked for autographs, which they got. Another fan came in and without telling anyone or asking, took a picture of the Old Man. By the look on the Old Man's face, it didn't seem like he was enjoying himself.
So, hopefully, my kids will get the good grades and so they can get their reward of beginning a coin collecting and we'll make another trip to the pawn shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment