Saturday, May 12, 2012

Knucklehead

Las Vegas's Bryce Harper found out last night that is not very smart to swing a bat at a wall.
From ESPN: The only downside was an ill-advised swing by their frustrated 19-year-old outfielder. Bryce Harper had a rough night, going 0 for 5 with three strikeouts. After one of the outs, he returned to the dugout and took a frustrated whack at one of the walls in the tunnel to the clubhouse.
Johnson said the barrel of the bat bounced off the wall and hit Harper next to the left eye, causing a gash that, according to the Washington Times, required 10 stitches to close and a welt. He stayed in the game with it bandaged, but was sent for treatment afterward because it was bleeding."I just got caught up in the moment," Harper told the Times. "I want to do so well. It just got me."Johnson said Harper likely would miss some time, but Harper said the opposite after the game."I think I'm good," Harper told the Times. "(The) doctor said I could play, so I'm going to play.http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=320511117
Apparently, they did not teach Harper over at Bishop Gorman and the minor leagues that a cement wall is not the same as a baseball.
What a knucklehead, but he will still be a good ball player.

No comments:

Post a Comment