Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Strange, Wierd

The Nevada Highway Patrol has a web site that tells it readers about accidents and road hazards on the State's highways.  http://www.nvdpspub.gov/nhp/roadhazard.aspx
Up until last week, when there was a fatal accident, the NHP would say the type of incident is a traffic accident-Fatal.  Other accidents are labeled as accident: injuries or accidents: property damage
Now, they have apparently changed the fatal accident reporting on the web site to "road hazard".  A big fatal accident is now just a road hazard. 
So, what is wrong with that?  For those of us who use the web site before going to and from work, if there is a road hazard, I wouldn't change my route.  If it is a fatal accident, then I would change my route because of traffic delays.
Besides, calling someone who has just died in an accident a road hazard is a bit strange and a bit disrespectful, though I suppose true.

No comments:

Post a Comment