Monday, May 14, 2012

Las Vegas Review Journal: Cowards

The Las Vegas Review Journal (LVRJ) is joining the ranks of many papers in which they are demanding that people who comment on their stories sign in on Facebook:
Registration Notice: This week the Review-Journal will be implementing a new registration procedure that requires all existing and new accounts to validate and login using Facebook. We appreciate your patience while the transition occurs.
So, he LVRJ expects it's readers (whom are dwindling) come out and give them and the public their first and last names through Facebook.
I don't belong to Facebook and I choose not to.  To me, I like my privacy and I really don't care if people know me or not.
But, there are crazy people out there, both on the right, left, middle, who, when they see who is really commenting, may harass the commentator.  It may be on their Facebook page, or they may and try and find them in the community.  It can put the people who chose to comment on an article in danger from the crazies.
Meanwhile, editorial writers who comment on the news at the LVRJ continue to be anonymous.  How hypocritical is that?  What a bunch of cowards.

No comments:

Post a Comment