Around New Years Day, i came out with my 2012 predictions. And because I correctly predicted the Miami Heat winning this year, I wanted to go back and see how my predictions are doing
1. The Wisconsin Badgers will not win the 2012 Rose Bowl and not cover
the spread. True- Badgers lost and didn't cover the spread.
2. The Badgers will finish in the top 4 in the 2012 Big 10 (12) season and not win the Big 10 title.True
3. The Green Bay Packers will not win the Super Bowl. (maybe I can be a jinx) True
4. Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers will get the 50 game suspension. Wrong, he was found not guilty
5. Prince Fielder will resign with the Brewers-False, signed with the Tigers
6. The Miami Heat will win the NBA championship True!!
7. Tiger Woods will one tournament in 2012 but not a major. So far, correct, he's won 1 tournament and has not won a major.
8. Eric Holder will no longer be the Attorney General by October. Waiting
9. Danny Tarkanian, Joe Heck and Mark Amodei will be elected to the House of Representatives for Nevada. So far, they all won their primaries.
10. Dina Titus will win election to the House. She won her primary
12. Dean Heller beats Shelly Berkley in the Senate race in Nevada. up in the air
13. The GOP candidate carries Nevada. not sure
14. Mitt Romney wins the GOP nomination. True
15. President Romney. Hoping
16. The Senate is taken over by the GOP. Not sure
17. The GOP retains the House. Probably, especially with redistricting
18. Gov. Scott Walker will be governor of Wisconsin in June, as the recall effort fails. True
19. The unemployment rate in Nevada will be around 10% in December. Getting there
20. The GOP will take over the Nevada Senate but will lose the Assembly.
21. The Clark County teachers union will lose it's arbitration with the District. Wrong, they won
22. Despite a lot of threats, there will be no teacher layoffs this year. Still not known
23. The outcry between Judge Steve Jones and an assistant DA and the supposed affair will go nowhere. True
24. The over/under for the high temp. in Las Vegas will be 114 and I go with the over. Hit 106 today
25. There will be a major forest fire in the Mount Charleston area this year. Hopefully wrong
26. The number of police shootings will be down significantly in 2012. So far, so good
27. Gitmo, the prison for terrorists in Cuba, will still be open at the end of the 2012. Still true
28. UNLV basketball will make the NCAA's and go out in the 2nd or 3rd round. True, they went out in the second round of the NCAA tourney
29. UNLV football will win 5 games in 2012. Not looking good
30. The Occupy Movement will be done with by July. Pretty much true
31. Indy car racing will come back to Las Vegas in 2o12 despite the denials. not yet
So far, I have at least 8 true predictions with many more to be decided. Not too bad but not good enough to be considered to be having ESP powers.