Thursday, September 20, 2012

I'm Glad I Found This TV Network

I was going through the TV networks I get from Cox Cable and found the METV (Memorable Entertainment TV)  It's on channel 129 on Cox Cable and to be honest, I'm not sure if this is a national network or not, but I think so.
But the reason why I like it is because it shows my favorite TV show while growing up- Emergency!.  It's a show based on the fictitious lives of some Los Angeles County firefighters.  The show ran from 1972-1977, usually on Saturday nights. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency!
I remember watching the show and was amazed at all the calls the firefighters went on and marveled at the medical technology.
Now, when I watch the show, I can see that show was not all that realistic, though I still enjoy seeing the old cars, cheap gas, nurses in white uniforms and caps, the lack of first quality as we see now.  The show did inspire me to become a volunteer firefighter and EMT.
But to me, it's still a great show to watch, especially since I have not seen the show in a couple of decades.
So, I am glad METV brought back the show and many other shows you just don't see anymore.

1 comment:

  1. ME_TV is carried by affiliates across the country, and demand is growing everyday. Watching it is like being a kid home from school watching the syndicated reruns you knew best!

    Better still, they air the credits at full screen, no squeezed images there! That's something I haven't seen on TV in 20 years!

    Loved "Emergency"! I had the biggest crush on Randolph Mantooth! I still have a special place in my heart for firefighters and paramedics/EMTs. I learned alot about their world from that show.

    ReplyDelete