Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thanks For The Memories



He will be missed, both as a player but as a gentleman.
From jsonline:  In 1999, former Green Bay Packers general manager Ron Wolf selected wide receiver Donald Driver in the seventh round of the draft and then told him it was up to him to take advantage of the chance he was given.
To say Driver did anything but take full advantage would be a fabrication.
After 14 seasons with the Packers, Driver is retiring. The club will hold a retirement party open to the public Wednesday, Feb. 6, at 11 a.m. at the Lambeau Field Atrium, according to a statement released by the Packers this morning.
A limited number of tickets, free of charge, will be available to fans on a first-come, first-served basis in person at the Packers’ ticket office, beginning at 9 a.m. Friday, Feb. 1. Distribution will be limited to four tickets per person.
"It was just time sitting down with the wife and kids," said Driver, who was taking part in a charity event here at Super Bowl XLVII. "I’ve always said I never want to wear another uniform. I’ve always said that I owe it to the fans to retire as a Packer.
"I feel like I can still play, but if I can’t play for my organization then I can’t play for anyone else. I’m happy with the decision I made. My wife and kids made it real easy for me. It will be a little tougher on Feb. 6. I’m going to get emotional.
"I’m trying not to get too emotional today, but Feb. 6 I know will be emotional." http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/189178031.html

No comments:

Post a Comment