Saturday, June 15, 2013

RIP To Fred, Of Fred's Barbershop

It's been awhile since I have been to Fred's Barbershop, located near Nellis and Craig, in Las vegas.
Sadly, I learned, Fred passed away about a year ago.
Here is the write up I did about the shop:

Not Fred's, But Close
It is tougher and tougher to find a true barbershop in the world. In Las Vegas, I go to Fred's Barbershop, which is located by Craig and Nellis, about 25 miles from where I live.
Fred's is true barbershop where you get your hair cut basically 1 way- short. You'll can bitch and moan and the barber will listen and the best part is that this is not a hair salon. It has the old fashioned barber chairs.
Of course, after you leave, you will smell like a cigarette from the smokers. and if Fred knows you, may even get a free beer that is hid in the soda machine.
I'm trying to get my 11 year old son to go to a barbershop and hopefully, when he goes out on his own, he will choose a true barber over a hair salon.
But as long as I am alive, it's always going to be a barber shop instead of a salon.

http://lasvegasbadger.blogspot.com/search?q=fred
Now, the place is cleaned up and it doesn't smell of cigarette smoke.
So, Fred, RIP, thanks for the memories, the cheap haircuts and breaking my son into going to a barbershop instead of a salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment