Thursday, June 20, 2013

I Guess Some Gays Cannot Handle Critism

With no respect intended to my friend Jamie, it seems that there are some gay folks who cannot handle criticism.
From the San Fran Chronicle: The Michelle Shocked concert scheduled for Pride weekend has been canceled.
 In a statement, San Francisco Examiner Publisher Todd Vogt said:  "I am officially canceling the plan to have Michelle Shocked come to San Francisco and perform a free concert and apologize for her recent anti-gay comments. I had hoped that her concert and apology would have held the performer accountable and shine a light on hatred and bigotry, but, unfortunately, it has not. Having Ms. Shocked stand in front of a San Francisco audience and perform her music was intended to help heal, but has only further angered and offended the community.
"I sincerely apologize to all."  http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/Shocked-to-return-to-S-F-for-Pride-4608213.php
I guess those can fling swords cannot handle taking the swords.

1 comment:

  1. I know about as much about Michelle Shocked as you do, so I didn't give this story much notice. But, the problem with her was that she made her name and career of of gay people (and as far as I knew was a lesbian), and then went on an anti-gay tirade. Then she doubled down when criticized. I understand the anger she's inspired, though--in this case--I don't really care!

    ReplyDelete