Monday, June 17, 2013

Possessed Computer?


Something has gotten a hold of my computer.  With my old computer, I rarely had a problem with bugs and viruses and now, it seems it's a day to day problem.
These problems are irritating and I can deal with.
However, what freaks me out is that several times in the past 2 months, and in the middle of the night, music starts playing on the computer.  No music I ever have listened to and it's not a radio station.
Further, all my windows are closed, the Internet Explorer windows are closed and so my computer is basically shut down.  When the music is playing, no windows are opened.
So, to those computer guys out there, what's going on?
Is my computer possessed?
Is my computer being hacked by the government?
Someone playing games with my computer.
A virus or bug doing this?
Anybody have any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a "computer guy," and I have no idea. Autoplaying video or other sound source sounds most likely. I've occasionally had "phantom" videos playing, even after I supposedly closed them. Even on my Mac. But it isn't a persistant problem. Have you tried downloading MalwareBytes or other rogue fighting software?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this before - you need to turn the computer off - completely. Unplug it if you must.

    It's possible someone has control of your computer and is remotely turning on various applications.

    I definitely recommend you have the computer thoroughly checked for any worms or other "backdoors".

    ReplyDelete