Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Illness Update 2

Well, tonight I am lying in a hospital bed in Kingman,AZ, watching the  Marquette basketball game.
My day started yesterday with getting my blood pressure checked by our school nurse and it was 180/110 so she told to get to the clinic right away, which I did.
I got to the clinic and my BP was 164/90 but 20 minutes later it shot up to 200/110 so they sent me to the Emergency Room.
I got to the ER at 12:30 and didn't get seen until 4:30.
The doctor saw me in 10 minutes and right awaysaid I was going to be admitted.
They did some testson me and did a CT scan and MRIof my brain and they found nothing up there.
So, now they are monitoring me and giving me meds every 4 hours.  Hopefully, I will be out of here tomorrow.  Thanks for the kind words and thoughts.
Update: I was discharged from the hospital yesterday and was given a whole host of medication with multi-syllable names.
They also thought I might have had a TIA, or mini stroke last week and lasting until I got to the hospital, but fortunately,  there are no lasting side effects or damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment