Sunday, June 25, 2017

Court Justice UK Style

Unbelievable. 
A hearing delayed so he could attend his best friend's wedding in the Channel Islands.
Derek Lamond, 51, was not sentenced after he told a court he had pre-booked the trip so he could be best man at a friend's wedding.
The family of his teenage victim were left outraged when he was 'excused' at Dunfermline Sheriff Court after his lawyer explained he had already booked the holiday. 
They had travelled to the court to see him punished but will now be forced to wait until June 29 for sentencing.
The youngster's devastated mother said: 'I can't get my head around it. I felt physically sick when I found out.
'I wanted closure - my bairn wanted closure on it. I'm fuming. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4637878/Paedophile-abused-girl-sentencing-delayed.htm
If this happened in the US, the judge would have been hung out to dry or just hung.
But I guess in merry old England this is acceptable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment