Saturday, January 12, 2013

What The Hell Happened?

I'm still scratching my head over today's NFF football games.
First, I'm on my way to work and the Denver Broncos have the ball with 2 minutes left, close to midfield and have a 3rd down.  I get to work and have to turn the radio off.
The next thing I hear is that the Baltimore Ravens defeated the Bronco's in double overtime.  What the hell happened?
Well, apparently, the Ravens held on defense, must have had a poor punt and the Ravens get the ball on their own 30.  Then, with 30 seconds left, the Ravens quarterback throws a 70 yard bomb to a receiver who somehow got behind the Bronco safety's and corner backs.  Apparently, the Broncos never heard of the prevent defense or keeping someone near the goal line for such plays.
Then, in overtime, Payton Manning throws an interception and the Ravens make a 47 yard field goal.
In the Packer-49er game, I watched the game up until the 2 minute warning in the first half and the game was tied.  The next time I heard the score, the Packers were down by 14 points in the middle of the 3rd quarter or so.  What the hell happened to the Packers?  Apparently, the 49ers at half time, made adjustments and the Packers didn't.
So, it sucks to work on NFL playoff weekends- you never know what will happen.
Now, the Broncos and Packers will have an off season thinking of "what could have beens".

No comments:

Post a Comment