Wednesday, June 15, 2016

What's Going To Be In It? Hamburgers? Mac And Cheese?

Of all people who probably should not have a cookbook, Oprah Winfrey would be one.  Her weight goes up and down like a teeter totter.
From the NY Daily News: You get a cookbook, you get a cookbook, everybody gets a cookbook!
Oprah Winfrey will release her first cookbook “Food, Health and Happiness: ‘On Point’ Recipes for Great Meals and a Better Life,” Flatiron Books told The Associated Press on Wednesday. It’s slated to come out January 3 next year.
All it took was Winfrey teaming up with Weight Watchers to get cooking on the project.
“In the past several months on Weight Watchers, I have worked with wonderful chefs to make healthier versions of my favorite meals,” Winfrey said in a statement.
“When people come to my house for lunch or dinner, the number one thing they ask is, ‘How is this so delicious and still healthy?’ So I decided to answer that question with recipes everyone can enjoy.”
The media mogul who paid a whopping $43 million for a 10% stake in Weight Watchers last year, bragged about shedding 26 pounds on the weight loss program.  http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/oprah-release-cookbook-article-1.2674974
I don't meet many celebrities nor do I can to meet them, but I have met Oprah 2 times.
First, I saw her jogging around a central Wisconsin lake in the early 2000's.
I also met her in the 1990's at the Milwaukee airport, where she was walking with her boyfriend to a waiting car.
Both times, she was very gracious and initiated a greeting with me.  Not that I exactly knew who she was until someone told me who she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment