Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dr. Laura: I Quit

From CNN: Embattled radio talk show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger announced Tuesday she will not renew her contract that is up at the end of the year, telling CNN's "Larry King Live" she wants to "regain my First Amendment rights."
Schlessinger, 63, has been under fire for using the n-word repeatedly during an on-air conversation with a caller last week.
In announcing her decision "not to do radio anymore" after being in the business for more than 30 years, Schlessinger said, "I want to be able to say what's on my mind and in my heart and what I think is helpful and useful without somebody getting angry or some special-interest group deciding this is a time to silence a voice of dissent."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/08/17/doctor.laura.ends.show/index.html?hpt=T1
Well, the liberals bagged another one. Dr. Laura was criticized for using the n-word last week and if you read or heard what was said in context, 95% of the people would have agreed with her.
I have listened to her now and then and she seem to give good advise most of the time and was entertaining.
She doesn't need this job because I am sure she is financially well off and she is close or past retirement age.
So, good luck, Dr. Laura, we will miss you. Maybe you can pull a Brett Favre and unretire a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment