Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Last Day Of Freedom

Well, Tuesday will be my last day of freedom as Wednesday is my first day back at school. All CCSD teachers will report to school on Wednesday.
This is the first summer I have completely taken off since I was 12 years old (I'm almost 50). When I was 12, I had a paper route in Wauwatosa, WI. From there, I worked at a car dealership and at the Milwaukee Journal. After graduation (1979), after 1 year at a factory and working with the mentally disabled at Bethesda Lutheran Home for the disabled in Watertown, WI., I entered the Air Force. (join the Air Force, see the world, I saw "why not Minot") After an honorable discharge I had various other jobs in the real world. In 1991, I went back to school and worked my way through college without taking a student loan or grant. After graduation from U.W. Madison, I worked as a teacher in Milwaukee, Westfield, WI. and CCSD, I always had a second job. Many times, working 60 hours a week during the summer and 80 hours during the school year.
But I am not one of those teachers who do not appreciate what the taxpayers have given me. I do and I hope I have repayed the taxpayers many times over and I say thank you to the taxpayers for my salary and benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment