Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Day Of School In CCSD

Tomorrow, Monday, is the first day of school in CCSD for the 2010-11 school year.
As a teacher, I am anxious to start working with my students (I work the severely mentally and physically disabled).
The students are anxious to go back to school, if not for 1 day. My kids are very happy to be going back to school after a long summer.
For the parents, especially the stay at home parents, it is a day of celebration and it is time for them to go on vacation. There may even be a party in the streets or at home.
This will the first time in many, many years in which there are no 12 month schools in CCSD, so there are going to be about 300,000 kids going to school tomorrow.
Please be careful near schools, school bus stops cross walks and any where kids tend to cross the streets. And to save a few dollars, don't pass a school bus when the red lights are on.

4 comments:

  1. I commend you, Dan, for working with the extremely disabled. That must take a special kind of person, with tremendous patience and understanding. Not everybody could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, James, I'm not at many things, especially things mechanical, but for some reason, I am good at doing this.
    Everybody is good at doing something, no matter who you are and I truly believe that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. apparently, writing isn't a strong point either- spelling, missing words, etc.
    Should be "I'm not good at many things..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I commend you in what you are doing for these kids!

    A Wisconsin Alumni who will be watching the game at 10PM tonite in a Wisconsin bar!

    ReplyDelete