Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My, How Things Have Changed

When I was in middle and high school, i would occasionally get into a fist fight with another student. The last time I was in a fight, I got 5 days of detention.
Today, I helped beak up my gazllionth fight ( within CCSD and 2 school districts in Wisconsin) and the kid was put in handcuffs, arrested, given a ticket and possibly be taken to juvenile hall. Then the school will suspend him for many days or expel him to another school or a send him to a behavior school. There were no injuries, except to my ego after I slipped and fell on some food.
So, did we treat kids too easily before and do we treat kids too harshly now? Or do we treat the kids just right now?
But things have certainly have changed from the 1970's to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment